ORDER OF ADJECTIVES WHEN WE DESCRIBE SOMEONE: FOLLOW THIS ORDER: 1. 2. 3. 4. HEIGHT (short / tall ) BUILD (overweight / fat / slim / thin ) AGE (young / middle-age / old )
HAIR: lenght + style + colour (eg. short curly dark) 5. FACE (round / oval / square ) 6. COMPLEXION (sun tunned / pale ) 7. EYES: size + shape + colour (e.g. small round blue) 8. EXTRA FEATURES (beard / tato / moustache ) 9. CLOTHES (casual / smart / neat )
1. HEIGHT tall (very tall / quite tall / not very tall) average height short (very short / quite short / not very short) He is very tall. He is quite tall.
He is not very tall. 2. BUILD overweight / fat / chubby well built skinny / thin / slim / fit She is (very / quite / not very) - fat. - overweight. - chubby.
She is (very / quite / not very) - skinny. - thin. -slim. -muscular. -fit. 3. AGE old middle-aged
young He is - a baby. - a child. - a teenager. - a young man / woman. - young. - an adult. - middle-aged. - old. - in his twenties.
- about 20 years old. - twentyish. - twenty something. Other expressions: -To be in your teens. -To be in your early- / mid- / late-thirties. 4. HAIR: LENGHT + STYLE + COLOUR LENGTH She has - long hair. - short hair.
- medium lenght hair. - shoulder length hair. COLOUR She has - black hair. - fair hair. (bond/blonde) - dark hair. - red hair. - gray hair. - going gray hair. - light brown hair. - white hair.
STYLE She has - curly hair. - straight hair. - wavy hair. He is bald Examples: He hasshort straight dark hair. She has long curly fair hair.
5. FACE Examples: He has - an oblong face. - a rectangle face. - a round face. - a square face. - an inverted triangle face. - a heart face. - a diamond face. - a triangle face. - an oval face.
He has freckles. wrinkles. pimples. 6. COMPLEXION He has - a sun tanned complexion. - a pale complexion. - a fair complexion. - a dark complexion. - a black complexion.
He has - dark skin. / He is AfricanAmerican. - fair skin / light skin. - light-brown skin. / He is Asian. - (sun) tanned skin. - pale skin. 7. EYES: SIZE He has - big / large eyes. - small eyes.
SIZE + SHAPE + COLOUR SHAPE He has - round eyes. - almond-shape eyes. COLOUR He has - brown eyes. - black eyes. - blue eyes. - light-blue
eyes. - green eyes. EXAMPLES: He has - big round brown eyes. - small almond-shape green 8. EXTRAFEATURES He has - a beard. - a goatee. - a moustache.
- a tatoo. He wears -glasses. 9. DRESS He is wearing - a smart (shirt) = an formal (shirt) = an expensive (shirt). - a neat (shirt) = a clean (shirt). - a new (shirt) He is wearing - a casual (shirt) = an informal (shirt). - a dirty (shirt) = an untidy (shirt).
- an old (shirt) = a worn out (shirt). Now its your turn!! Make a full description of the images that youll see here Are you ready?? THE END
challenges that the AFGRI-Biotech industry is facing in Africa. Anti-Biotech campaigns. Many of Ag-Biotech public projects are poorly. funded lacking regulatory expertise with limited chance of success. Need for critical mass in technological expertise. Need for common approach to issues...
Ocean Ecosystems . Very large amount of Earth is covered by ocean (~75%) 40% of all photosynthesis occurs in oceans. 3 types of oceanic ecosystems . Shallow ocean waters . Deep ocean water . Deep ocean surface. Photosynthetic plankton is...
Exploring the Basics of Windows XP Exploring the Basics of Microsoft Windows XP * Exploring the Basics of Microsoft Windows XP * Manipulating a Window Exploring the Basics of Microsoft Windows XP * Moving a Window To drag an object...
Demonstrate how to write summaries in 10-words or less. The chunking allows the students to look at the text in smaller segments, and summarize what the author is saying in just that small, specific chunk. 4. Left margin: What is...
CCL - Referenti 8 Marzo 2006 Personale A. Bassi (Tempo parziale: 1/3) D. Bortolotti F. Brasolin P. Calligola (Tempo parziale ½) F. Martelli A. Monducci A. Paolucci G. Peco O. Pinazza F. Semeria ===== G. Artusi R. Giacomelli Personale (attivita')...
For subjects at lower risk who do not tolerate statin therapy, a re-evaluation of the need for lipid lowering therapy should precede a change to alternative therapy because outcomes studies are not as robust. 2012 CCS Dyslipidemia Guidelines Update Management...
Ready to download the document? Go ahead and hit continue!