Stimulus Turgor pressure wilting 1. What does a group of cells working together create? Tissues 2. Sequence these words from
most complex to most simple: cell, organism, organ, organ system, tissue, Organism > organ system > organ > tissue > cell 3. What do plants, animals, and protist all have in common?
All are made up of cells 4. What are some similar functions that all cells carry on?
Reproduce Have a nucleus Can move Grow 5. Illustrate the cell theory using pictures of the levels of organism for plants, animals, and protist.
6. What are the major differences between organelles found within plant and animal cells? Plant Cells: Animal Cells: Cell wall - no cell wall Chloroplasts
Large vacuole - small vacuoles - have 7. Compare and contrast the structure or organelles found in plant cells to those found in animal cells.
8. Compare and contrast the function of organelles found in plant cells to those found in animal cells. http://www.biologyjunction.com/cell_functions.htm Chloroplast: contain green pigment that allows photosynthesis to occur (plant cell) Cell Wall: support structure in a plant cell Not needed in animals due to skeletal system
9. Which organelles in plants are involved in the process of photosynthesis? Chloroplasts 10. What part of a plant does water travel through to reach the leaves?
Xylem (water) Phloem (food) 11. How would photosynthesis be affected if xylem was not present in vascular plants?
Would not be able to transfer water -no turgid pressure 12. What is the function of the bulb in a plant? food reserves that enable a plant to lie
dormant when water is unavailable (during winter or drought) and resume its active growth when favorable conditions again prevail 13. What are the 3 steps of the cell theory? Step 1: all organisms are composed of one or more cells
Step 2: the cell is the basic unit of life Step 3: all cells are produced by the division of preexisting cells. Cell Structure Riddles 1. Im a real powerhouse. Thats plain to see. I break down food to
release energy. What Am I? F: mitochondria 2. Proteins are made here even though Im quite small. You can find me in the cytoplasm or attached to the
E.R.s wall. What Am I? G: ribosome 3. My name means colored bodies, and I contain DNA. I pass on traits to new cells in a systematic way. What Am I?
D: chromosomes 4. Im strong and stiff getting through me is tough. Im found only plants, but I guess thats enough. What Am I? C: cell wall 5. Im the brain of the cell,
or so they say. I regulate activities from day to day. What Am I? A: nucleus 6. Im full of holes, flexible and thin. I control what gets out and what comes in. What Am I?
E: cell membrane 7. Ive been called a storage tank by those with little taste. Im a sac filled with water, food, enzymes, or waste. What Am I? H: vacuole
8. Found only in plant cells, Im green as can be. I make food for the plant using the suns energy. What Am I? B: chloroplasts 9. What triggers the wilting
response in plants? Lack of water in vacuoles 10. What is homeostasis? The ability or tendency of an organism or cell to maintain internal equilibrium by adjusting its physiological processes. Organism is in balance.
11. Compare and contrast stimulus and response. Stimulus: Something causing or regarded as causing a response Response: any behavior of a living organism that results from an external or internal stimulus.
12. What part of the cell holds / stores water? Vacuoles 13. Relate a wilted plant to turgor pressure. As vacuole fills with water, it pushes out onto the plants cell wall.
As vacuole looses water, it does not push out on cell wall and this causes the plant to wilt. 14. Illustrate and label how gravity affects directional growth on roots and stems in a seedling. Geotropism: roots grow Down due to gravity
pulling On them as they grow 15. Describe the growth of a plant in response to a narrow passage of light (diagram needed) Phototropism: plants grow toward the light.
16. List different examples of external stimuli for plants and how plants respond to each example. You can get a 90% or higher if you study START STUDING NOW!!!
What is "Pop Culture"? One possible definition is in the introduction to our textbook Mirror on America, where pop culture is defined as "all of the objects, people events, and places to which most of us readily relate and which...
The staffing team may be comprised of the following: AHCA/Medicaid, Central Florida Behavioral Health Network, Inc or designee, Parent/Guardian, Child, the treating provider, and the parent/guardian invitees such as the Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ), School Liaison (SEDNET), Family Advocate,...
Increases general public and utility crew safety. Supports substation and distribution automation. Capability to monitor many more data points. Simplifies new RTU additions. Corporate GIS Integration. Outage maps on the internet. Customer data available to OMS operators and dispatchers. Decrease...
You can choose from courses designed for a workplace environment or a schools and community environment. Each track has participant materials with content and rescue scenarios that are specific to that audience. Our programs are also modular in design so...
Hip Hop Humpty Dumpty Hip Hop Humpty Hip Hop Humpty Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the king's horses All the king's men Couldn't put Humpty together again! Hip Hop Humpty They tried...